Zonk and the Secret Lagoon: The Further Adventures of Zonk the Dreaming Tortoise
Zonk and the Secret Lagoon: The Further Adventures of Zonk the Dreaming Tortoise by Brand: Zonk Galleries at Cmc Schools. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Zonk is a little Sonoran desert tortoise who decides to find the ocean and become a sea turtle. Hiking with his friends, Bunny, Snake and Coyote, he
Product Description & Reviews
- Zonk is a little Sonoran desert tortoise who decides to find the ocean and become a sea turtle. Hiking with his friends, Bunny, Snake and Coyote, he sees a rock with the picture of a sea turtle swimming. Coyote explains, It s a sea turtle. They live in the ocean and there is water everywhere. Everyone laughed. Water everywhere! But to Zonk, locked in his heavy shell, floating on a cool quiet ocean sounds divine.
- A dreamer and explorer at heart, Zonk tries to enlist the help of his friends and family. But they don t understand his obsession and tell him it s a silly notion. Even his mother and father think the idea of water everywhere is just a myth, a waste of time. But Zonk has faith. With the help of the Ancient Spirit of the Saguaro and a flash flood, Zonk makes his way to the ocean and becomes a sea tortoise.
- It s a very humorous and entertaining story that also introduces children to the flora, fauna, and climate extremes of the Sonoran Desert. The book includes a variety of animals that children will love, monsoon rain storms, Ancient Desert Spirits, blue moons, and lots of fascinating nature. It is a story of dreams and persistence, of overcoming doubts, and of transformation. This very popular children s book series is great fun, educational, and wonderfully entertaining.
- All the Zonk books include some value-added features. In the front of the book is a simple map of where that story takes place. In the second and third book are additional maps that further illuminate that particular story. The science, that is biology and geography, are correct and current within the fantasy of a swimming tortoise and talking animals in each of the books.
- On the end pages of these books are small glossaries of terms, explanations of some of the geographic areas the stories take place in, additional information about some of the animals in the stories, and explanations of some of the ecosystem relationships between the creatures.
- The books are ecologically sensitive and on the end pages present, in a gentle way that will not frighten, tiny windows into some of success stories and the problem areas of environmental issues faced by the characters and ecosystems in the books. These materials are designed to be a jumping off place for teachers and parents to begin to talk to their children about how to value and take care of our environment and creatures.
Beautiful artwork, humorous and entertaining stories, fascinating cast of characters and animals, and educational, be sure to purchase your copy today and start your Zonk Adventure.
Brand: Zonk Galleries
0.5 x 8.75 x 11.25 inches
8.6 x 0.4 x 10.9 inches
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Brand: Zonk Galleries, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Brand: Crocodile Books
sku: VI-1566563550, ean: 9781566563550, isbn: 1566563550,
Little Turtle hatches on the beach and struggles to make a perilous journey down to the sea....
By Dial Books
ean: 9780803733916, isbn: 0803733917,
From the award-winning creator of I'M THE BIGGEST THING IN THE OCEAN comes an inspiring tale of friendship and belonging that's perfect for fans of THE SNAIL AND THE WHALE, OWEN AND MZEE, and Oliver Jeffers's LOST AND FOUND.Turtle is big. But the ...
mpn: illustrations, ean: 9781631405389, isbn: 1631405381,
This new all-ages series of Amazing Adventures draws inspiration from the hit Nickelodean cartoon in exciting new ways, by a wide range of today's best writers and artists! Collects issues #1–4....
By Chasing It All Publishing, LLC
ean: 9780999551202, isbn: 0999551205,
A book for anyone who has ever wondered where the sun goes after it sets, including children ages 3-7 years old. With beautiful and vivid color illustration, this story takes you on an island adventure through oceans, jungles, and mountaintops, where...